peanut butter & honey cookies (gfo)
half a jar of peanut butter went into these bad boys and i'm not even mad about it....they're that good.
1 1/3 cup flour (gfo)
1 tsp sea salt
tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cup peanut butter (i used the salted crunchy from Trader Joe's)
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp white or turbinado sugar - for a sparkling sprinkling finish
1 tbsp sea salt flakes - also for a sparkling sprinkling finish!
1. preheat the oven to 350 and prep 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
2. sift together dry ingredients (flour, salt, and baking soda) in a medium bowl
3. in a bigger bowl mix the wet ingredients (peanut butter, egg, honey, brown sugar and olive oil) with a wooden spoon.
4. in 3 sets, mix the dry into the wet ingredients, stirring just until combined. the dough will be very sticky and have an almost peanut butter texture.
5. scoop tablespoon sized dough globs, roll into a ball and place on the baking sheet. make the signature peanut butter cookie score with the back of a fork and sprinkle with a pinch of sugar and a baby pinch of salt
6. bake for 8 minutes (8 and half minutes to be exact). let stand to cool on the cookie sheet for 2 min and then transfer to a wire cooling wrack to cool completely.
keep in an air tight container for up to 6 days - but enjoy at least 2 hot out of the oven