coconut white chocolate chip cookies (gf) (vo)
FYI this dough needs to be chilled for at least 2 hours!! so give yourself plenty of time to bake.
1 1/2 cup vegan or dairy butter at room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp chia seed egg
1 cup + 2 tbsp gluten free baking mix
1/2 cup white chocolate chips (vegan, if you can find them otherwise it's fine)
1/3 cup toasted coconut (trader joes)
1. using a mixer, cream butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl.
2. add egg and vanilla and beat again until well combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed
3. add gluten free baking mix in two batches and mix again. It should be doughy - not too thick, not too thin (not cement, not cake batter)
4. stir in white chocolate chips and coconut, cover with plastic wrap and stick it in the fridge 2 hours until thoroughly chilled.
5. preheat oven to 350 degrees F
6. once chilled, scoop out rounded tablespoon amounts of dough, roll them into balls and place them 2 inches apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
7. bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are just slightly golden brown.
8. remove from oven and let them cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
9. store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to several days or freezer for longer term storage.